Drug development cluster is a multidisciplinary research group originating from Faculty of Medicines Universitas Indonesia, collaborates into developing lead compounds as candidates of drugs. The search for the new drug candidate we use are through genomic and of non-genomic approach. Lead compounds tested can be obtained from medicinal plants or from the known synthetic compounds that will be tested for certain desired mechanism of actions. The testing of new drug candidates generally involves the testing of compounds to in vitro target, followed by animal models for the pharmacology and toxicity testing. Afterwards, clinical trials in healthy volunteers and patients will be conducted to prove the efficacy and safety of the drug candidates.
- To achieve a better cognitive function and mental capacity for Indonesian people through research activity and education program in Asia Pacific region
- To be a World Class Neuroscience Research and Education Center
- Creating Neuroscience Center in Indonesia to facilitate research activity and educational program for child, adult and elderly due to the brain development – activity – stimulation – rehabilitation ; including neuro-plasticity, genetic engineering and stem cell for repairing degenerative disease such as Alzheimer Disease, Autism, Parkinson Disease, PPD NOS, ADHD, Depression, Drug Dependence, Mind and Brain, Psychosomatic and other behavior problem related to brain development and dysfunction.
- Doing collaboration research and program with Neuroscience Centre within Indonesia and Asia Pacific region (NUH, Sydney, Perth) and other part of the world (Berlin-Charite, Netherland Institute for Neuroscience (NIN), Max Planck Institute – the Science Bridge)
- Develop education program to achieve better Cognitive and Behavior Function and Mental Capacity for child, adult and old age.
RESEARCH GROUP LEADER
- Dr. dr. Martina Wiwie S, SpKJ (K)
- dr. Hartono Tjahjadi , SpPA
- Dr. dr. Tjhin Wiguna, SpKJ(K)
- dr. Affan Priyambodo Permana, SpBS
- Dr. dr. Renindra Ananda, SpBS(K)
- dr. M. Kurniawan, SpS
- dr. Khamelia Malik, SpKJ
- dr. Setyo Widi Nugroho, SpBS(K)
- dr. Darma Imran, SpS(K)
- Ahmad Arisa
- Eka Susanto
- Satrio Utomo
RESEARCH FOCUS AREA
- Alzheimer Disease
- Herbal medicine in Neuroscience
- Utilization of stem cell in Neuroscience and Brain Development
- Brain Development in Children
- IMERI secretary : Nastasia
- Multi discipline: psychiatrists (3), neurologist (2), anatomy pathologist (2), neuro-surgeon (3), forensic (1), neuroscientist (1).
- Consultant: Boy Sabarguna
- Recruiting cluster secretary (S2-MBA), laboratory & IT technician (D3)
- Other specialist doctors: child & adolescence, geriatrician, biologist, biochemist, imunologist, rehab, physiologist, clinical pathologist, etc.