The development and provision of Animal Research Facilities is based on the increased need of animal research from research clusters in MERC-FKUI and other research institutions in Indonesia.
To develop an internationally accredited animal research facility which is able to support the vision and mission of Universitas Indonesia in becoming a research university.
- To provide and develop an internationally recognized animal research facility at Universitas Indonesia.
- To develop qualified human resources in animal research facility.
- To perform a sustainable collaboration between domestic research institutions with their counterparts overseas.
- To provide standard facilities for conducting animal research according to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- To increase investigators abilities in carrying out basic research.
- To carry out routine animal environmental maintenance, including environmental bedding changes, food preparation, routine cage washing, room cleaning, local filter maintenance, pest management and waste disposal.
- Animal research and general administrative services.
ROLE OF ANIMAL RESEARCH FACILITIES IN SUPPORTING RESEARCH CLUSTER NEEDS
- Provide animal models which commonly used in specific research based on researcher needs/demand.
- Consulting: Receive and guide design research which proposed to IMERI.
- Assisting: Help and guide researcher in running research.
- Guide research process, analysis and publication.
- Training for researcher:
- Basic science
- Applied research: Antibody preparation for tropical and degenerative disease Research:
- Searching for health problem research grant in Indonesia.
- Conducting research collaboration with other national agencies and other research centers from abroad eg MS, endometriosis, Parkinson's, etc.
- Circadian Rhythms Appear to Influence the Body's Immune
- Genetically modified mouse