Specific ethnics have different body constitution and dietary pattern, which leads to different degrees of risk for the development of chronic diseases.
Early life nutrition and subsequently obesogenic environment increase the risk of chronic disease of future generation.
Advancements in food and nutrition sciences have shown that ethnic diversity with its genetic variations contributes to different responses to dietary interventions.
Diversity of Indonesian nutritional resources should be explored in an advanced manner, aiming at identifying protective foods and nutrition for health and disease prevention.
- Pre-conception and conception nutrition
- Diagnostic and interventional nutrition
- Nutrition for infants
- Nutrition in eating disorder
- Nutrition for children
- Nutrition for exercise and physical work
- Nutrition for teenagers
- Nutrition for bone health
- Nutrition for adults
- Nutrition for health of mouth and teeth
- Nutrition in degenerative process
- Medical nutrition therapy for respective clinical problems
- Community Nutrition
- Genomic Nutrition
- Interaction between nutrition and drug
Top center of excellence and self-reliant leader in Human Nutrition Research in the Asia Pacific Region by year 2025.
Promote health and disease prevention through comprehensive exploration of protective nutrition and energy metabolism within the diverse genetic variations and dietary pattern of populations.
- Provide scientific foundation for the development of evidence and value-based health care policies (2015-2020)
- Provide strong infrastructures for continuous capacity development and strengthening (2017-2022).
- Initiating innovative and translational research (2019-2024)
- Serve as the leading reference for research in the field of human nutrition (2021-2025).
The Human Nutrition Research Center focuses on 6 major activities, namely:
- Body composition and weight management
- Early life nutrition and chronic diseases
- Nutrigenomics and epigenetics
- Diet, gut inflammation and microbiota
- Bioavailability of micronutrients
- Foods and health